Domestic & International Travel

Domestic Travel

An up-to-date Certificate of Veterinary Inspection (CVI), also known as a Health Certificate, from a licensed, accredited veterinarian is required by many states when traveling with your pet.  This certificate indicates that your pet has been examined by a veterinarian & is deemed healthy for travel and free from disease.  A CVI is required by some airlines in order for your pet to travel within the continental United States and some states require a CVI upon arrival.  In general you should have your pet examined & the CVI issued within 10 days of travel.  Please contact the airline you are booked to travel with for their specific travel requirements & ensure that your paperwork is in order.  

International Travel

Traveling internationally can be a complicated and confusing process due to the fact that many countries have their own animal health requirements that can frequently change.  Here at Stapleton Veterinary Hospital, Dr. Smith is a Class II Health Certificate Specialist and can help you navigate this process. Obtaining an International Health Certificate is a process that can take months due to updating vaccinations, completing disease testing, running specific titers, having your paperwork reviewed and endorsed by Animal & Plant Health Inspection Service (APHIS).  To ensure smooth travels contact us immediately to begin the planning.  You can also visit the USDA website for Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service & contact the country's consulate or embassy for requirements.  A listing of consulates can be found at the U.S. Department of State website.  


Find us on the map

Office Hours

Our Regular Schedule

Denver Office


7:30 am-6:00 pm


7:30 am-6:00 pm


7:30 am-6:00 pm


7:30 am-6:00 pm


7:30 am-6:00 pm


8:00 am-4:00 pm